What makes the best Emu Bay Accommodation?
Kangaroo Island is a wonderful holiday destination for nature lovers and Emu Bay is one of the most popular places to stay. But how do you find the best Emu Bay accommodation?
Here’s what to look out for, based on convenience and comfort.
Why Emu Bay?
Emu Bay, with its mix of facilities and wilderness, will help you to get the most out of your stay on stunning Kangaroo Island. While there may not be any shops in Emu Bay, Kingscote is only 15 minutes’ drive (or just under an hour away by bike for the energetic). If you’re heading for Kangaroo Island you are doing so for the wildlife and nature, and there is no better place to stay and enjoy these than Emu Bay.
With its four-and-a-half-kilometre arc of pristine white beach, complete with jetty for fishing or boat launching, Emu Bay is an idyllic destination for a relaxing holiday for people of all ages.
The best Emu Bay accommodation
When choosing the best place to stay in Emu Bay, there are several things to look out for:
- Beach access: The beach at Emu Bay is hard to beat. It is one of the island’s safest swimming beaches in its crystal-clear waters. It is one of the few beaches where you can safely drive your vehicle on the beach. You will want your accommodation to be close to the beach. Being a very short drive from the beach (around 500 metres or less) means you can either go for a great walk or make the trip quickly and pack your picnic in the car, so you don’t have to carry it.
- Self-contained: Self-contained units make sense in Emu Bay, where you will be heading back and forth to the beach and will probably want to cook some of your own meals. Being self-contained means you can make your unit your home away from home while you stay. Simply stop at the Kingscote shops on the way to stock up and you will be able to enjoy your visit.
- Family friendly: A family friendly site means the kids will have lots of room to move around and play (giving you some time to relax in peace and quiet). It may not seem like it, but it is also useful for those without kids. In a cramped hotel or motel, kids can get under your feet but in a family friendly place they have enough room to give everyone space.
- Private and secluded: This often goes hand in hand with family friendly, but also has its own benefits. A private and secluded accommodation site in Emu Bay will help to highlight the natural wonders that you will be living amongst during your time on Kangaroo Island, like the dazzling array of stars. It is also nice to be staying somewhere with space around the units, so that it gives you privacy so you can feel a world away from anyone, while you enjoy the sun rise and sunsets.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: There is a lot to do on Kangaroo Island and a little help from some friendly and knowledgeable locals will never go astray. Any accommodation whose staff can help with planning day trips, advise on what to see and do, or especially, dealing with ferry bookings for you is a winner.
- Highly reviewed: Anyone who has shopped online will know that reading the reviews is an important way to check the quality of a product, especially for holiday accommodation. Emu Bay accommodation is no exception. Make sure to read some reviews of any accommodation you are considering; you will find that the best Emu Bay accommodation will have plenty of positive reviews.
For a choice of Emu Bay accommodation that ticks all these boxes, including a 4.8 out of 5 stars on Google Reviews, choose Emu Bay Holiday Homes. Our spacious 5 acre property and well-equipped houses, cabins, cottages, and apartment are the perfect place to enjoy the beauty of Kangaroo Island. We are located 500 metres from the beach; a short drive or a lovely way to get some exercise.
As shared by one recent reviewer: “Emu Bay is a fantastic place to stay on Kangaroo Island and these Homes and Cabins are great! Clean and well set up and full of character. If you are interested in wildlife or just want to chill out and have a relaxing time beside the Bay this is the place for you. Rene and the team are really caring and terrific to deal with. Can’t recommend this place enough.”
Remember: it’s easy to save by booking directly through the Emu Bay Holiday Homes website.
Our final tip is to stay an extra night or two, there is much more to do on Kangaroo Island than you probably realise and you will definitely be sad to leave!