Dear Emu Bay Holiday Homes Guest,
We look forward to welcoming you.
Your accommodation is SELF CHECK IN. Check in from 2:00 PM.
All linen including quilts, extra blankets, and bath towels are provided for your stay. Kitchens are equipped for cooking your own meals and includes pots, pans, cutlery, crockery and a small oven in smaller units and full size in houses. Some filter coffee and plunger, tea, salt, pepper, basic spices, tinfoil, glad wrap, and toilet paper is provided for your convenience. Each unit has its own gas BBQ.
Location: 21 Bayview Road, Emu Bay. Written instructions are below and map can be found here.
Your unit name and key box code is in the text. Find your unit on the map. There is a key box with photo instructions on how to open it near the front door of your unit.
Overview Map of the Property
ON AN EARLY FERRY?
When arriving early, enjoy some of the sights on the Dudley Peninsula and along the way as it is a bit out of the way of the other attractions.
Suggestions: False Cape Winery – mention that you are staying at Emu Bay Holiday Homes to qualify for some discounts. Dudley Winery near Penneshaw has an amazing view over the Backstairs Passage, Sculpture Trail in Penneshaw, climb the Prospect Hill lookout at Pennington Bay if you feel energetic, Oyster Farm Shop in American River, The Honey Farm and Eucalyptus Distillery on your way to Kingscote.
NEED SOME GROCERIES?
Pick up your groceries at Drakes and the Bottle Shop in Kingscote BEFORE heading out to Emu Bay. Please note: There are NO SHOPS in Emu Bay itself but Kingscote is only a 15 minute drive away.
We offer IN HOUSE CATERING with beautiful home cooked meals by Michelle from Bites at the Bay. All meals are delivered in your fridge for heating up yourself. You can contact her directly for ordering and payment.
Phone number: 0428 195 423
WANT SOME WRITTEN DIRECTIONS?
Emu Bay Holiday Homes is located at 21 Bayview Road, Emu Bay. Often easier to follow the road signs than your NavMan that likes taking short cuts on dirt roads. Follow the road signs to Kingscote from Penneshaw and then turn left towards Emu Bay on the North Coast Road. Turn right towards Emu Bay on Emu Bay Road. (Don’t turn before this onto a dirt road) At the T intersection turn right. About 200 m along, Bates road is the first dirt road on your left just past the caravan park sign. Look for the blue Emu Bay Holiday Homes signs from here. There is a mud map on the bottom as from the T-junction at Emu Bay.
PLEASE NOTE: The road is bitumised all the way, except for the last 1 kilometre. If your navigation system takes you on a dirt track at Wisanger Oval turn around and follow the road signs to Emu Bay.
HANDY MAP TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR STAY AND KNOW WHAT’S OPEN.
NATIONAL PARK INFORMATION:
Rene’s Handy Tips for your sightseeing:
- STOKES BAY: In winter the tide goes really high, and on high tide you may not be able to get through the little secret path that takes you to this beautiful beach. Check the tides on Google.
- FOOD on the western end of the island: When heading to Flinders Chase pack some snacks. There is food available in Parndana and at the little shop in Vivonne Bay and a pop -up caravan operates sometimes at Raptor Domain.
- FLINDERS CHASE NATIONAL PARK: Includes Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. When heading there for the day drive there all the way first and then work you way back, rather that working your way down and either being too late to enter or having a long drive back at the end of the day.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ENTRY TO FLINDERS CHASE NATIONAL PARK : https://environmentsa.rezdy.com/406265/flinders-chase-national-park-day-entry
- RAPTOR DOMAIN: This is my favourite show. Bird shows at 11.30 am and 2.30 pm.
- SEAL BAY and BALES BAY: Bales Bay is a beautiful little beach when you turn left instead of right at the Seal Bay T junction. Sometimes you’ll even see some seals there.
- ALWAYS take something warm with you. Weather can be quite changeable.
- Use the KI MAP to help plan your stay. It is updated regularly and will tell you opening hours and whether places are open or not. Some places operate on winter hours of 10am -3 pm so check to avoid disappointment. https://eatdrinkki.com.au/map/
We look forward to sharing our property with you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need anything.
Renè – Owner +61 414 694 209